What areas is Epoxy Flooring suitable for?
- The shiny and seamless finish to the surface of an Epoxy floor makes it the perfect flooring cover in places of high traffic, entertainment and workplaces.
- Epoxy flooring is extremely versatile. It can address the needs of garage owners, living rooms, domestic and industrial kitchens, rumpus rooms, alfresco areas, playrooms, laundries, restaurants, shopping centres, workshops, gym and offices. It is an extremely versatile product
- In particular, commercial garages and kitchen floors using the technique can resist water, a combination of chemical and water, chemical and oil that are accidently spilt on the floor surface. An epoxy floor’s smooth and resistant surface makes it easy clean and maintain.
Can you customise Epoxy Floors?
- Yes, an Epoxy floor can be customised by adding, tints, multi-coloured flakes, while additional glitter can be added so the floor blends with any interior décor. Upgrading an epoxy floor is simple by simply by applying an over coating onto the existing floor surface to reflect your personal tastes, style or elegance.
- For more information on customising, contact us so we can provide you with the full information.
- It is also important that use a trusted material for your epoxy flooring project and from all accounts, EpiMax products are the best on the market.
- As a top coat, a polyurethane sealer is used.
How long does a typical installation take?
Depending on the coating system used, most installations are completion in 1 to 3 days.
What is the warranty?
A 2 year limited warranty is provided against peeling, staining and material flaws. No warranty is given for cracks and other damage caused by the shifting of the substrate underneath the surface.
I have some small cracks and pits in my floor. What do you do with them?
We always repair all the cracks and pop outs of your floor, before installing the epoxy coating.
Is the epoxy floor very strong, what can damage it?
Yes, an epoxy floor is extremely strong and durable, but can be damaged mechanical force or if the substrate or concrete floor below is damaged. Dragging a heavy object with steel legs across it, for example, would be damaging. An epoxy floor can succumb to scratching like ordinary concrete is but properly looked after it can be exceedingly durable and will last many years looking beautiful.
How do I clean my epoxy floor?
A broom, dust mop or a leaf blower can be used for light cleaning. Standard ammonia water applied with a mop is perfect for deeper cleaning. Never use soaps as they tend to leave a murky surface that can be very slippery when wet.
Won’t the repair work cause a lot of mess around my home or shop?
The grinding system we use creates no dust and we do not leave a mess after completing our job.
How long do I have to wait before I can walk or drive on the surface?
From experience, you should be able to walk on the epoxy floor surface in 24 to 48 hours. The surface is good for driving on within 3 to 5 days. It may take shorter or longer depending on the time of year and range of temperature.
Can this be used outdoors as well as indoors?
Yes. Epoxy flooring can be applied to floor surfaces of patios, sidewalks, breezeways, porches and steps of stairways.
Is the floor slippery?
We use a flake floor system that makes the floor no more slippery than standard concrete when wet. A flake system floor gives a texture feel to it and is normally no more slippery than regular concrete when wet. We can also add slip resistant additives to the topcoats that makes the floor less slippery.
For more information on epoxy flooring, ring us now on email.